The Release Editor is a tool to manage different releases of a song. It displays 2 or more similar songs (for example, different versions of the same song) so that you can merge (unify) them into 1.
This tab is available for accounts with an extra feature called Releases.
The changes you make with this tool are applied to your account, as well as to the country the song is assigned to. Read more about how labels are related to territories.
Release Editor is accessible from Dashboard > tab Release List. Once this tab is open, the Release editor is located on the top right-hand side, next to the Generate report button.
How to merge tracks
1. Go to Release List.
2. Click on Release Editor.
3. Choose between the 2 search options. Either generate results with the Clustering method or search specific tracks with the Free Search tool.
a. Clustering - an automatic process of grouping similar tracks based on an algorithm. It will suggest you some groups of tracks which can be similar. It can take a couple of minutes to load the results.
b. Free search - here you can type a title and artist of a specific song. It’s always best to put as much metadata as you can.
4. Confirm which are the tracks that you want to merge.
5. Choose the version you want to keep. Go to its title and click next to it, on its left side. A tick should appear.
6. You will see a new active button - Merge. Click on it if you want to merge the tracks.
7. The system will ask you if you’re sure you want to merge this release, as this action cannot be undone. Is fo, click Yes. Otherwise, click No and repeat the process.